Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Almond treat

This is one of my dad's favourites, so whenever I do it it always reminds me of [my first] home. Recently, my dad - who is as handy in the kitchen as I am changing a flat tire - has tried different varieties: with walnuts instead of almonds, with walnuts and almonds, with any kind on nuts with or without almonds... I must confess I prefer the original version. The walnut gives it a touch of bitterness which I can set aside for my Monday mornings.



Beat 3 eggs, 2 cups of sugar and 1 cup of milk. Heat the mixture in the oven until it thickens. When it gets a creamy texture, add 1 cup of almonds in their skin [believe me: the taste of the skin is important for this treat]. 

Divide it in little individual bowls like the one in the photo. Sprinkle the bowls with sliced toasted almonds

Let it cool and finally it's ready to eat.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Nice recipe! Aren't old favorite recipes some of the best? I always enjoy trying new things, too, but love the comfort of the tried and try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're absolutely right. And no matter how much we innovate in the kitchen (and in other matters, too) we always end up doing what our parents / grandparents etc used to do. :P

      Thank you for your visit!

      Delete