Friday, August 24, 2012

Poached eggs in tomato sauce

This is one of those recipes that remind me of lazy days in the summer. My mom is lucky to do it with eggs from my grandmother's chickens and with tomatoes from her garden. As I live far away, I buy all the ingredients at the local supermarket. The taste is a bit different, of course, but the result is a big, juicy memory for prize.


Slice 2 garlic cloves and 2 onions and cook them in a hot pot with olive oil until they become soft. 

Then add the tomatoes. You can add the quantity you desire, depending on the number of people you are serving. I usually use about 6 tomatoes for 2. But don't forget: use only really ripe tomatoes

Keep cooking for a couple of minutes, add a pinch of salt, and then open the number of eggs you want to serve into the pot, so you can poach them - 1 per person is usually enough. Let it cook for about 15 minutes and this savoury dish without meat is ready to eat!

I always serve it with french fries or chips, which I dip in the sauce or use to carry it to my mouth. It's also great with bread slices or toasts!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment