Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Almond Pie

This is one of the pies my mom used to bake when I was a kid. I loved the fact that it always made my friends' mouths water whenever I took one to a school party. It still is a party favourite. 



Mix 200g of flour, 100g of sugar, 125g of butter or margarine and 2 eggs. Then spread the mixture in a baking pan - preferably one with a removable bottom. 

While it bakes in the oven, prepare the topping in a cooking pot: melt 125g of butter or margarine with 100g of sugar and 4 tablespoons of milk. Then add 150g of sliced almonds and a couple of minutes later take the mixture out of the heat. 

When the pie is cooked, take it out of the oven and coat it with the topping. Put the pie back in the oven until it gets golden. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment