Monday, August 6, 2012

My Mac and Cheese recipe

I look for warmth everywhere. In my friends' smiles, in fun holidays, in a strong thank you, in delicious meals. If I'm lucky, sometimes I find a meal that feels like a big hug.



Boil about 250g of elbow macaroni in salted water.

While the macaroni is cooking, melt 2 generous tablespoons of butter (or margarine) with 2 tablespoons of flour. Pour 1 mug of milk and stir. Then add about 40g of parmesan powder and keep stirring. Finally, slowly add 150g of cheddar cheese and stir until it completely blends. Add the boiled elbow macaroni and stir again.

Pour into an oven-proof dish. Coat it with about 10 to 20g of parmesan powder. Some people use bread crumbs but I prefer the cheese.

Turn on the top part of the oven: you only want to make the mac and cheese golden and crispy. I usually let it stay for about 10 minutes, checking from time to time so it won't burn.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment