Sunday, August 5, 2012

Chicken Tikka, my way


I just love Indian food: the colours, the spices, the aromas, the flavours. In fact, some of the best memories I have include a couple of really fun dinners with friends at an Indian restaurant, which always come back to me whenever I have Indian food. Since there isn't any Indian restaurant nearby, all I can do is try and cook Indian-inspired food at home.

Pour 4 tablespoons of olive oil in a hot pan. Add 2 onions, roughly sliced. When they start to become golden, add a generous amount of tomato sauce - I prefer it seasoned with onion and garlic -, and stir. After a couple of minutes, add 3 teaspoons of curry and a pinch of salt. Finally, add the chicken breasts, cut in pieces. Let it cook in medium heat for about 15 minutes.

In a bowl, pour a yoghurt and the same amount of water. Add it to the pan and stir. Let it cook for another 10-15 minutes.

Serve with basmati rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment